Eighty degrees magazine – issue 6
great companion for tea friends
the best way to deepen your knowledge on the world of tea and tea culture
with remarkable stories from the World of Tea
beautiful, uncoated paper with no ads
Hello Spring! To honour this important season in the life of tea, Eighty magazine brings you a new issue packed with stories about the transience of this beverage and the world around it.
- Explore the accidental but legendary origins of black tea in China.
- Gwen Chesnais compares the struggles of China accepting wine with those of tea in the West.
- How various temperatures affect our brew and how cold we can actually go.
- In the never-ending strive to search for great teas we should not forget to appreciate some of the humbler leaves for they deserve their own special place.
- Should a broken thing be discarded and replaced? Or can it be fixed and improved, making it even more valuable? Kintsugi is an ancient philosophy that can teach us a lot about our modern lives.
- Turkey, Japan, India. We will drink the mountain with a hermit, but also experience the highest sophistication of tea cuisine.