Hello Spring! To honour this important season in the life of tea, Eighty magazine brings you a new issue packed with stories about the transience of this beverage and the world around it.
- Explore the accidental but legendary origins of black tea in China.
- Gwen Chesnais compares the struggles of China accepting wine with those of tea in the West.
- How various temperatures affect our brew and how cold we can actually go.
- In the never-ending strive to search for great teas we should not forget to appreciate some of the humbler leaves for they deserve their own special place.
- Should a broken thing be discarded and replaced? Or can it be fixed and improved, making it even more valuable? Kintsugi is an ancient philosophy that can teach us a lot about our modern lives.
- Turkey, Japan, India. We will drink the mountain with a hermit, but also experience the highest sophistication of tea cuisine.